Military Base Commander
What is Military Base Commander?
"Build it and they will sign their lives away"
Military Base Commander is a base building sandbox game with strategic combat, personnel management and humorous storytelling. An eccentric mash up of Full Metal Jacket and Platoon, with an unhealthy dose of 'Police Academy' and 'Stripes' thrown in for good measure. Oh, and with a little bit of ‘Carry on Sergeant' squeezed in there somewhere too!
Start out as nothing more than a low ranking officer with a badge and a dream. Employ a few trusty builders to construct your base camp, then recruit an army! Train specialists, and take command of a military unit built to take on anything that is thrown at it. From policing the local Bake off, to entertaining the Queen ( better hide the gin ); or even battling a terrorist insurgency, you can expect to be thoroughly challenged!
- Sandbox Building - Build you base how you want it. Think there should a mine field outside the shower block? No problem!
- Character Progressions - Think a recruit has what it takes to be an Airborne/Recon/ Delta Seal? Put them forward for Special Forces training.
- Military Background - Our developer Matt was training to be a helicopter pilot until he fell off a wall and broke both his legs. He knows his shit, but he walks with a limp.
- Bigger Picture World Map - You won't only have your base to contend with, there's a bigger world out there. You'll concentrate on winning hearts and minds, but sometimes things will turn nasty. If an insurgency grows in support, your base will come under treat, so you'll need to combat and contain it before it destroys you.
- Missions/Jobs/Tasks - The jobs board will suggest missions for you to undertake, you'll have to allocate resources to deal with them. You'll also be able to set patrols and recon missions on the wider game map, you'll need to police the villages and gather information, especially if an insurgency is building.
- Humour – Character/Set Pieces/Story - Battling insurgency's is all well and good, but things can't be that serious all of the time. Your recruits will want to kick back for some R&R at times – and they won't always want to play by the rules. Expect shit to happen, sometimes with hilarious results. Many missions will have a novelty aspect too, the Queen may fancy a visit, and best make sure all your recruits are on their best behaviour!
When is it due for release?
We are currently working hard on the game and are hoping to release an early access version in Q2 2018, with a full release for PC, Mac and Consoles shortly after.